We are looking for a Director of The Cyclists' Alliance.
The Director position is ideal for a person with an entrepreneurial mindset and passionate about casting a vision of impact on women’s cycling. The Director is primarily responsible for being the face and voice of TCA. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a desire to help shape the future of women’s cycling and to lead a young and ambitious organisation. You act as the liaison to the Board of Directors and lead fundraising and strategic growth.
The Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the overall management of TCA.
We are perfectly poised for our next phase of growth at TCA. As the Director you will be helping develop a sustainable plan to lead this next growth phase. You will:
- Set priorities and strategies to ensure growth in funding
- Maintain our high standard of excellence in our programs and the organization’s brand
- Lead the implementation of the new strategic plan and evolve it based on learning and evidence.
We are a small, passionate and agile team (read more at "About Us") that knows in order to build a successful organization, people matter. As the only permanent staff member you will:
- Lead a team that prioritizes its people and recognizes their strengths and leverages them to move the mission forward.
- Manage a senior operations coordinator, oversee international partners, and manage external consultants.
- Never have the same day twice, meaning some days you will be fundraising, next day budgeting, and another day visiting a race to connect with the riders. Whatever is needed, you know how to prioritize your time, delegate tasks and/or be willing to roll-up your sleeves and take it on yourself.
- Develop and grow the annual budget together with finance.
- Execute on all responsibilities required for the organization to stay compliant with tax requirements, insurance, governance and compliance.
We believe that relationships are at the core of what we do. We see our members as a valuable part of our organization and team. This person will proactively fundraise and relay the important work of the organization to our donor base in a way that energizes, empowers, and excites those involved. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Develop, lead, and execute on a fundraising strategy to support TCA’s mission and vision.
- Diversify and develop new funding streams.
- Cultivate existing and new donors.
- Build and manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders (UCI, Unio, Teams, riders, sponsors, from our Board of Directors, to first-time supporters.
Skills / Requirements:
- You’re an activator. You take initiative by turning thoughts into action
- You’re a visionary. You know how to inspire others with a vision and help them see their role in it both within and outside of an organization.
- You’re a great communicator. You are skilled in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications and know how to convey complex ideas into brief simple content.
- Connector. You love the challenge of meeting new people and making a strong personal connection with them.
- Prior experience working with sport governing bodies and/ or player associations is preferred
- Knowledge of (womens) cycling is preferred.
Applications before 18 September are actively encouraged.Job-Description_Director_TCA