We are looking for a Manager of The Cyclists' Alliance Mentorship Program (TCAMP).
What is TCAMP?
The 2022 TCAMP program matched 36 riders into mentee/mentor pairs. The TCAMP program provides a structured program through webinars, resources and workshops to develop and support riders. Example topics included; selling your story/building your personal brand, self-advocacy, networking, building your CV, how to mentor, managing emotions, personality testing, contracts, career pathways and more!
Find out more on our website by reading the following articles:
- TCAMP reflects on a successful year!
- Mentorjam Platform joins forces with TCAMP to launch the 2022 Mentorship Program
- TCAMP presents three days of workshops
Central to the success of this role is to establish and develop partnerships and projects to develop the TCAMP programme, to support the needs of athletes in pursuit of success, before, during and after their cycling career.
The Manager of the Mentorship Program for TCA will be a self-starter who is able to prioritise and deliver on deadlines with minimal supervision, this person will have the ability to build relationships with a variety of stakeholders (TCAMP partners and service providers) and have high emotional intelligence to build trust with participants to ensure they get the most value out of the program and create sustainable change within the sport
KPIs: This role will be evaluated on scaling the Mentorship program to;
- Increase the number of participants year on year within the program (growth)
- Enrich the program by onboarding more partners and resources within the structured program.
- To develop a feedback and evaluation loop to constantly iterate and improve the program to deliver on; educational guidance, career planning, personal development, transition management, athlete wellbeing, welfare and mental health and lifestyle management.
- To develop a roadmap to widen the scope to include a Pre-Career Program to create a diverse peloton that truly represents the global society we live in through fair and transparent opportunities.
- Designing, updating, improving the TCAMP Program to launch the 2023 program in January 2023.
- First point of contact for all TCAMP participants, building relationships with the professional riders and educating them on the benefits of being both a mentee and mentor.
- Clear, concise and consistent communications to all stakeholders and participants on the TCAMP program
- Managing and keeping the Mentorjam platform up to date
- Building relationships with current and prospective partners to develop the resources on offer in TCAMP
- Working with the board to develop a roadmap to scale and widen the scope of TCAMP and solve problems currently existing within the sport - create a 3 year plan for the growth and success of the program and then lead the implementation of the plan.
- Other ad-hoc administrative support depending on workflow.
- Educated to degree level in teaching, career counseling or related subjects, OR have relevant work-related experience e.g. high performance sport – as an athlete or a coach, executive/business coaching, HR, teaching, career development.
- A desire to work for a social impact labour union that's passionate about supporting women in sport;
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills & attention to detail;
- Able to self prioritise, manage and self task and to demonstrate confidentiality and discretion and be flexible and approachable with a positive attitude
- Responsive, unafraid to use own initiative and accountable;
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Knowledge of MS Office and office management software
- Knowledge of communication platforms
- Prior experience working with sport governing bodies and/ or player associations is preferred but not necessary
- Knowledge of (womens) cycling is preferred.
- Prior experience liaising/working/supporting current and aspiring female professional athletes is preferred
- Experience and knowledge of sporting and non-sporting requirements of elite athletes
Desired skills / Requirements:
- Experience of the delivery of a support programme for elite level athletes
- Possess knowledge of and skills in career planning, education guidance and assessment techniques
- Demonstrated experience of working within an integrated support programme
- Counseling qualification or experience of working in a related field.
- Knowledge and/or experience of the women’s professional peloton.
- This role will report into the Director of The Cyclists’ Alliance.
- The person in this role will work in collaboration with Roos Hoogeboom, the other co-Manager of TCAMP (Roos in addition to the Mentorship Program is responsible for Memberships and Financials).
- This role will ideally start from October/November, with the 2023 TCAMP program launching in January 2023.
- 5-10 Hours per week
- EU Timezone preferred
Applications before 7 October are actively encouraged.Role_-TCAMP-Manager-The-Cyclists-Alliance